If a Specialization changes while you are taking it, you'll have the option to upgrade to the new version.
Upgrade to a new version
If you have the option to upgrade, you'll see a note in your Coursera dashboard letting you know that you can upgrade to the new version of the Specialization.
- To upgrade, click Switch to New Version at the bottom of the note.
- To stay in the old version of the Specialization, click Finish Current Version at the bottom of the note.
If you don't see the note, it means there are no new versions of that Specialization to upgrade to.
If you upgrade:
- You will keep all credit and coursework for courses still in the Specialization that have not changed.
- You will need to re-do coursework for any courses still in the Specialization that have changed.
- If you have completed a course that is no longer in the Specialization, you will be able to earn a Certificate for completing that course, but it will not count toward your completion of the Specialization.
If you don't upgrade:
- You will be able to complete the Specialization with the same courses and course content.
- You will need to complete the Specialization within a certain time frame. At the end of that time frame, you can choose to upgrade to the new Specialization and continue taking it.