When you start your first subscription on Coursera, it will begin with a 7 day free trial, which lets you try a Specialization for free. On the 8th day, your free trial will automatically become a paid subscription unless you cancel your free trial. Free Trials let you see and complete all course content, so you can start a course as soon as your free trial begins.
You'll only be eligible for one free trial per Specialization or catalog subscription.
To start a free trial:
- Log into your Coursera account
- Open the page for the Specialization you want to try
- Click Enroll
- Click Start Free Trial
During your free trial:
- You'll be able to see content for, and complete assignments in, most courses in that Specialization.
- If the Specialization includes a Capstone project, you won't be able to see content for that Capstone course.
- You can earn Course Certificates if you pass all assignments during your free trial and have your profile verified.
- Any Financial Aid applications you have submitted will be canceled.
To start a free trial, you'll need to provide credit card information. This card will be charged for the first month of the subscription after the free trial ends (8 days after you start the free trial) unless you cancel your free trial.
Payments after free trials
Your free trial will automatically become a paid a subscription on the 8th day after you begin your trial.
To avoid being charged after your free trial ends, you need to cancel your free trial before it ends. Free trials end on the 7th day after you begin your trial. On the 8th day, your credit card will be charged for the first month of the subscription.
Refunds after free trials
If you do not cancel your free trial and are charged for a paid subscription after the 8th day, you can't get a refund for that payment. If you don't want to make any more payments, you can cancel your subscription.
Test charges for free trials
After providing your credit card information to start a free trial, you might see a $0 or $1 test or authorization charge. This is used by our payment processor to make sure that your credit card can be charged. The test charge will be refunded or voided automatically.