Professional Certificate programs on Coursera are programs that let you earn a professional certificate from the institution providing the course content for that program.
To earn a Professional Certificate:
- Enroll in the Professional Certificate program you want to take (some may require an application as well)
- Pay for the Professional Certificate program
- Complete and pass all the required courses in that program and meet all the requirements for that program (some require that all coursework is completed within a certain time frame or a certain GPA)
A Professional Certificate:
- Confirms that you have successfully completed the Professional Certificate program
- Is issued by the institution that developed the program, not Coursera
- Provides professional certification that may be recognized by another organization or school.
Professional Certificates are not the same as Course Certificates. Course Certificates on Coursera do not provide professional or academic credits. If you need to find out whether a Coursera Certificate will count toward accreditation for a specific organization or program, please ask a representative of that organization or program.