Using your Settings page, you can:
- Change the name you use on Coursera
- Change the email address you use on Coursera
- Change your timezone
- Change the language you use on Coursera
- Change your Coursera password
- Link your Facebook account with Coursera
- Remove your Facebook account from Coursera
- Link your Google account to Coursera
- Remove your Google account from Coursera
- Link your Apple ID to Coursera
- Remove your Apple ID from Coursera
To change your Coursera account settings:
- Go to coursera.org.
- In the top right corner, click the drop down arrow next to your picture.
- Click Settings.
- Make the changes you want, then click Save.
Change your Coursera email settings
You can use your Account Settings page to control how many emails you get from Coursera.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from emails:
- Open your Coursera Settings page.
- On the left side of the screen, click Email Preferences.
- Use the checkboxes to choose what kinds of emails you'd like to get from Coursera.
- Click Save.
Change your name on Coursera
When you change your name using Coursera's Account Settings, you only change the name that shows up on your Coursera account. It won't change the name that shows up on your Course Certificates.
To change the name on your Course Certificate, you'll need to request a name change.
Set up Facebook, Google or Apple log-in
You can link your account with Facebook, Google or Apple from your Account Settings page. Scroll to the "Linked Accounts" section and click Link my ____ Account.
If you use your Settings to link your account with Facebook, Google or Apple after you're logged into Coursera, you will link the account you're signed into to the account that you chose.
If you've linked your account to Facebook, Google or Apple, you can remove that account's log-in from your Account Settings page. Scroll to the "Linked Accounts" section and click Delink my ____ Account.
If you use the "Log in with ______" button to log into Coursera, you may accidentally create a separate account if the email you use for your Facebook, Google or Apple account is different than the email you use for your Coursera account.
Solve problems with your Coursera account
If you're having trouble with your Coursera account, try our account troubleshooting page.