If you missed some deadlines, need an extension, or just need more time to complete a course, you can switch to a later session.
If you've paid for a course or Specialization, you can switch sessions as many times as you want before your payment expires. You can see this date on your My Purchases page.
If you are in a degree program, you may be on a fixed schedule and won't be able to switch sessions. Check your degree program's Onboarding Course for more information.
To switch sessions:
- Log into your Coursera account.
- Open your course dashboard to see a list of the courses you're enrolled in.
- Find the course you want to switch sessions in, then click the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Click Switch sessions.
If the new session hasn't started yet, you'll need to wait until the new start date to see and submit peer reviewed assignments.
When you switch sessions, you'll keep most of your completed work, including:
- Your course progress. If you've passed an assignment in your current session, the assignment will remain passed in the new session.
- Quizzes and programming assignments that have been graded. You'll see your previous submissions and scores in the new session.
- Peer-graded assignments you've submitted but not passed. Any peer graded assignments you already submitted will move to the new session. Grades and feedback on those assignments will also move, so you won't need to submit them again.
Peer-graded assignments you've passed. Any peer graded assignments that you already passed will move to the new session. Grades and feedback on those assignments will also move, so you won't need to submit them again.
- Discussion forums. You'll still be able to see all posts made in the course's discussion forums.
- Assignments you saved, but have not submitted. All your saved assignments will transfer to the new session as drafts.