Coursera courses have suggested deadlines. If you miss a deadline, your grade won't be affected.
To see suggested deadlines for a course you're enrolled in:
- Open the course you want to see deadlines for.
- Click the Grades tab.
- Check a specific week to see deadlines for that week's assignments.
You'll need to submit and pass all assignments before the session end date. If you don't finish before the end date, you can switch to the next session.
There is no penalty for submitting an assignment after the suggested deadline.
If you miss a deadline in a session-based course:
- You'll need to complete all assignments before the session end date to pass the course in your current session.
- If you need more time to meet deadlines in a course, you can switch to the next session.
- If you submit a peer-reviewed assignment after the deadline, you might not get enough peer reviews. If you need more peer reviews, you can post in the forums asking for more peer feedback, or you can switch to the next session and submit it again.