You can rate courses, videos, readings, and assessments to help instructors improve their courses over time.
When you rate a course or course materials, the instructor will see your feedback. You won't usually get a reply to your comments, but if the instructor wants to follow up, you'll get an email notification to the email address you use for your Coursera account.
Rate a course
When you rate a course, your ratings and feedback will be sent to the instructor. Your rating also helps determine and the average rating for the course, which shows up on the course information page.
To rate a course:
- Log into coursera.org to see a list of courses you’re taking.
- Find the course you want to rate.
- Underneath the course title, click the five stars to open the rating window.
- In the rating window, rate the class by clicking one of the five stars.
- You can also write an optional review of the course, but you won't get a direct reply.
- Click Submit.
To change your rating or to send more feedback, repeat the steps above.
Rate course materials
You can rate videos, readings, and quizzes to let the instructor know which course materials were confusing and which ones helped you learn. You can also flag problems in course materials.
When you rate course materials, the instructor will see your ratings and feedback. Other learners won’t see your ratings and feedback.
To rate course materials:
- Open the course material you want to rate. You can only rate videos, readings, and quizzes.
- If the item was interesting or helped you learn, click the thumbs-up icon .
- If the the item was unhelpful or confusing, click the thumbs-down icon .