If you notice a serious problem in a course, please contact Coursera support.
When you contact us to report a problem, please include:
- Information about the problem
- Links to the problem
- Any other information that helps us understand the problem
Serious problems might include:
- An assignment deadline set before the course start date
- A broken link to something required for an assignment
- A video that has no subtitles
- Anything that prevents you from taking or understanding the course
Report a problem with course materials
If you find a problem with a video, a reading, or a quiz, you can report it.
When you report something in course materials:
- The course instructor may see your feedback.
- You won't get a direct response.
- Other learners won't see your feedback.
To flag a problem in course materials:
- Open the course material you want to report a problem with. You can only report problems with videos, readings, and quizzes.
- Click the "confused face" icon
- Give as much information as you can about the problem, then click Send.