If you're having problems verifying your identity, you can try verifying again later after troubleshooting the issue, or using a different device.
If your webcam isn't working on Coursera's webcam page, try the steps below to solve the issue.
- Refresh the page.
- Make sure your webcam is turned on and connected to your computer. To test this, you can use a website like http://www.testwebcam.com.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Make sure you have the latest version of a supported browser
- Try a different browser.
- If you're using an external webcam, make sure you've installed your webcam's most recent software.
- Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking Switch to HTML5 in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
- If you see a box that says Adobe Flash Player Settings, click Allow before closing the box.
- Right click on the webcam area.
- Click Settings.
- Click the webcam icon.
- Change the camera option to match the webcam you're using.
- First, try the steps above to change your camera option.
- If you can't open the webcam settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar.
- Choose "Always allow www.coursera.org to access your camera and microphone."
- Type chrome://plugins into your URL bar.
- Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin.
- Check Always allowed.
- Restart Google Chrome.
ID Verification is required to earn a Certificate. If you already finished your ID Verification but still can’t see your Certificate, try:
- Waiting a few days. If you’ve recently submitted your ID verification, you may need to wait for it to be reviewed and approved.
- Making sure you submitted the right materials. ID verification won’t be approved if you don’t include a clear photo of yourself and a valid form of ID.
- Checking your email. If there is a problem with your ID verification, you’ll get an email from Coursera explaining the problem.
- Checking your Accomplishments page. If you haven’t successfully finished your ID verification, you’ll see a note about it on your Accomplishments page.