If you're having problems verifying your identity, you can try verifying again later after troubleshooting the issue, or using a different device.
- Refresh the page.
- Make sure your webcam is turned on and connected to your computer. To test this, you can use a website like http://www.testwebcam.com.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Make sure you have the latest version of a supported browser
- Try a different browser.
- If you're using an external webcam, make sure you've installed your webcam's most recent software.
- Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking Switch to HTML5 in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
- If you see a box that says Adobe Flash Player Settings, click Allow before closing the box.
- Right click on the webcam area.
- Click Settings.
- Click the webcam icon.
- Change the camera option to match the webcam you're using.
- First, try the steps above to change your camera option.
- If you can't open the webcam settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar.
- Choose "Always allow www.coursera.org to access your camera and microphone."
- Type chrome://plugins into your URL bar.
- Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin.
- Check Always allowed.
- Restart Google Chrome.
If you’ve recently submitted your ID verification, you may need to wait for it to be reviewed and approved.Making sure you submitted the right materials.
ID verification won’t be approved if you don’t include a clear photo of yourself and a valid form of ID.Checking your email.
If there is a problem with your ID verification, you’ll get an email from Coursera explaining the problem.Checking your Accomplishments page.
If you haven’t successfully finished your ID verification, you’ll see a note about it on your Accomplishments page.