After you create an account with Coursera, you can log in with either the email and password you entered during account creation or the login credentials for the account you connected (Facebook, Google, Apple ID).
Use this article to troubleshoot issues accessing or finding content within your account.
If you need to change your Coursera account settings, like your name, email address, or password, you’ll find those options in your Account Settings page.
If you use Coursera through your business or university and they require single sign-on (SSO), see our article on that process.
I can't log in
If you’re having trouble logging in, follow these steps:
- Double check your email address for any misspellings or incorrect characters. The email address must match exactly what you typed in when you started your account.
- Use the steps in our article on resetting your password.
- If you’ve previously connected a Facebook, Google, or Apple account, try logging in with one of those options. Only connect accounts that use the same email address you’re using with Coursera, otherwise you’ll create a second account.
- If you’re still having issues logging in, check for multiple accounts. It’s possible a typo or other error created a second account.
Error message: “We couldn’t find an account associated with that email address”
You might see this error message when logging in if:
- You used a different address when you made your Coursera account. Try logging in with any other email address you regularly use. If you’ve received an email from Coursera recently, check which address we sent it to and use that one to log in.
- You mis-typed your email address when you made your Coursera account. Try entering common typos or variations on your email address.
- You accidentally created a second account by logging in with a Facebook, Google, or Apple ID account that uses a different email from the one you used when signing up for Coursera. For next steps, see our article on checking for a second account.
Issues selecting images after log in
If this is your first time logging in on a browser, or you haven’t logged in for a while, you’ll see a request to select some images from a group after logging in. This is a security feature from Google called reCAPTCHA that helps prevent unauthorized account access.
If you’re not able to complete the image selection process, try disabling any extensions on your browser or using a different one. You can also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
I can't verify my email
When you sign up for an account, we send an email with a link that lets you verify the account.
If you can't find the verification email, try searching your email inbox for “Action Required: Please confirm your email.” Remember to check your spam folder and ensure you’re logged into the inbox for the email you used to create your account.
Changes to your Coursera email
When you use your Settings to change the email address you use on Coursera, we'll send you an email.
If you get an email about a change to your email address, but you didn't change your email in your Account Settings, please contact us using the Contact Us button at the bottom of this page.
The courses you’ve enrolled in appear in the In Progress or Completed tab depending on their status. You can look through both tabs from your homepage.
If you don’t see a course you’ve enrolled in, you may have accidentally created a duplicate account. See our article on checking for a second account for next steps.
If you’re still not seeing the course, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.