When you enroll in a course, you'll see different payment options for that course.
When you audit a course:
- You'll be able to see most of the course materials for free.
- You won't be able to submit assignments for feedback or a grade.
- You won't get a Course Certificate.
Most courses include an audit option and a paid option, but not every course has an audit option. When auditing some courses, you may watch up to 4 videos per calendar week. A calendar week begins at Monday, 12:00am UTC.
Some courses in Specializations offer a different free option called "Full Course, No Certificate." This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. You won't get a Course Certificate if you choose this option.
When you take a course for a Certificate:
- You'll need to pay for the course.
- You'll be able to see all the course materials when the session begins.
- You'll be able to see and submit all the required assignments.
- If you complete all the assignments, you'll get a Course Certificate.
You can take any single course for a Certificate, even if that course is part of a Specialization. If you decide to take the Specialization later, you can count this class toward your Specialization.
When you subscribe to a Specialization:
- You'll be charged every month or year until you complete the Specialization by earning a Certificate in all courses in that Specialization, or until you cancel your subscription
- You'll be able to access all course materials for every course in that Specialization for as long as your subscription is active
- You can cancel your subscription anytime
- You'll get a Specialization Certificate when you complete every course in the Specialization you subscribed to
When you pre-pay for an entire Specialization:
- You'll have paid access to all the courses in the Specialization.
- You'll be able see all the materials for courses in that Specialization when their sessions begin.
- When you pass each course, you'll get a Course Certificate for that course.
- You'll have one year (unless the course information says something different) to complete the Specialization and earn your Specialization Certificate by earning Course Certificates for all the courses and completing the Capstone Project.
If you have feedback about our enrollment options, you can share your thoughts with us in this survey.