When you audit a course:
- You'll be able to see most of the course materials for free, but you won't be able to submit certain assignments or get grades for your work.
- You won't be able to submit assignments for feedback or a grade.
- You won't get a Course Certificate.
To audit a course:
- Open the home page of the course you want to audit
- Click Enroll
- At the bottom of the window, click audit or choose the "Audit only" option
Missing audit option
If you don’t see the audit option:
- The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
- The course may offer "Full Course, No Certificate" instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. You won't get a Course Certificate if you choose this option.
- You may be on a Specialization home page. Only courses offer the audit option. Try checking a course page for a course in the Specialization that you want to take.
Payments after audits
You can upgrade to a paid Certificate at any time during or after your audit.
If you pay for a Certificate in a course you’ve already taken, any grades you already earned will be saved, but you may need to complete more coursework that wasn’t available in the audit version.
When you take a course for a Certificate:
- You'll need to pay for the course.
- You'll be able to see all the course materials
- You'll be able to see and submit all the required assignments.
- If you complete all the assignments, you'll get a Course Certificate.
You can take any single course for a Certificate, even if that course is part of a Specialization. If you decide to take the Specialization later, you can count this class toward your Specialization.
When you subscribe to a Specialization:
- You'll be charged every month until you complete the Specialization by earning a Certificate in all courses in that Specialization, or until you cancel your subscription
- You'll be able to access all course materials for every course in that Specialization for as long as your subscription is active
- You can cancel your subscription anytime
- You'll get a Specialization Certificate when you complete every course in the Specialization you subscribed to
When you pre-pay for an entire Specialization:
- You'll have paid access to all the courses in the Specialization.
- You'll be able see all the materials for courses in that Specialization
- When you pass each course, you'll get a Course Certificate for that course.
- You'll have one year (unless the course information says something different) to complete the Specialization and earn your Specialization Certificate by earning Course Certificates for all the courses and completing the Capstone Project.
If you have feedback about our enrollment options, you can share your thoughts with us in this survey.