If you're having problems with a programming assignment, check for your issue below.
If your problem is with a different kind of assignment, or you don't see your issue here, check our assignment troubleshooting page.
If you're having trouble submitting a programming assignment, try the following steps:
- Make sure you saved your files in the correct format. To change the format, re-save your files.
- Decrease the size of the files, if possible.
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache.
- Ask your peers for help by posting in the course discussion forums. Many programming assignment issues have very specific requirements, so people in the same course will be able to help you more than Coursera's support team.
If the assignment uses custom grading, it will take up to an hour to get your grades back.
If you've waited longer than an hour and still don't have a grade:
- Check the assignment instructions and make sure you have saved your files in the right format.
- Resubmit the assignment.
Because many programming assignment graders use complex logic that the instructor creates, the Coursera support team can’t explain or change programming assignment grades.
To understand your grade on a programming assignment, review the assignment instructions and any feedback you got.
You can also discuss any questions with your peers in the course discussion forums.
Weeks that include programming assignments may still say "in progress" even after you've successfully completed the assignment.
Check your Grades tab to confirm that you've successfully completed the assignment.
If you're having trouble submitting a qwikLABS assignment, try:
- Waiting around 10 minutes
- Logging out of your personal Gmail account
- Setting your username as "student" for qwikLABS credentials
If you still have trouble, please check the qwikLABS FAQ here. For qwikLABS assignments that require an account on qwikLABS, you will need to register using a credit card and a Gmail account.