If you're having trouble with quizzes or assignments, find your issue below.
If you're having a problem with peer reviewed assignments, check our troubleshooting page for peer reviewed assignments.
If you're having a technical issue with an assignment that uses third-party tools (the assignment is completed or submitted using a different website or platform), try posting your question in your course discussion forum. Your peers and mentors can help with as solution, as our support agents are not experts in this area.
If you're having trouble submitting an assignment, make sure:
- You're submitting the right assignment in the right session
- You're uploading the right kind of file (check the assignment information for any file type requirements)
- The file size isn't too big (we recommend files smaller than 10MB)
- You're using a recommended browser
- You've added https: to any URLs
You can also try uploading your assignment from a different network configuration (home vs. work) or checking your Firewall settings.
If you submitted your assignment, but you don't see a confirmation that you submitted it, you may have saved it as a draft instead of submitting.
To check for a saved draft on Coursera's new platform:
- Open the course the assignment is in.
- Click Assignments and open the assignment you want to check for a saved draft.
- Click My submission.
- If your assignment has been saved as a draft, you'll be able to see and edit it. If you can see your assignment, but you can't edit it, that means you submitted the assignment.
- To submit your saved draft, click Submit at the bottom of the page. If your assignment was submitted but you didn't pass, you can choose Retake.
If you don't see any record of an assignment that you're sure you submitted:
- You may have accidentally created a second Coursera account and submitted the assignment from that account. Try checking for a second account.
- You may need to clear your cache & cookies, then re-load the page, to see the update after you submit an assignment.
If you submitted an assignment, but don't see a grade for it:
- Try refreshing the page.
- For peer reviewed assignments, make sure the deadline has passed and the grading period has started.
- Peer reviewed assignments won't have a grade until they have enough peer reviews. On the "Grades" page, assignments that have been submitted but haven't gotten a grade will say "grading in progress."
- Check to make sure you have submitted the assignment.
- If you don't have a grade for a programming assignment, check the troubleshooting steps for programming assignments.
If you have a grade for an assignment that you don't understand or you think is unfair:
- Check the course page for grading information and requirements.
- Try re-submitting the assignment to be graded again.
- Ask a question in the discussion forums for the course.
- If you got peer feedback that you don't think is appropriate, you can report it.
- If you think your grade is wrong because of an error in the course materials, you can flag it.
Because grading requirements for each course are set by the instructor, the Coursera support team can't explain or change your grade for an assignment.
If your assignment is locked, make sure:
- Your session has started. You may need to wait a few days for the session to begin
- You are in a current session. You may need to switch to a session that is currently active
- Your payment is active. Check your "My Purchases" page to make sure that your payment has not expired.