Groups are specific communities of learners within a course or Specialization. Groups are usually set up by colleges, universities, businesses, or other institutions where lots of members are taking a Coursera course together.
To join a group on Coursera, you need to be invited by the group admin.
When you're invited to a group:
- You'll get an email invitation with the option to accept.
- After you accept the invitation, you'll be asked to log in to Coursera, or make a new account if you don't have one already.
- You'll be added to the group.
If you are missing a group invitation email, check your spam folder.
When you take a course in a group:
- You'll have the same access to course materials as any other learner taking the course.
- The group leader or admin will be able to see your course progress and grades.
- If the group has one, you can see and post in that group's private discussion forum.
- You'll get announcements and updates for that group.