If you're having problems with your identity verification, try our verification troubleshooting page.
Create a Verification Profile
Your Verification Profile includes:
- Your full name
- A photo ID that meets our requirements
- A clear photo of your face taken with your computer's webcam
To set up your Verification Profile:
- Log in to your Coursera account.
- Click Accomplishments on the left side of the page.
- Click Complete your profile at the top of the page.
- Follow the steps on screen to fill out your Verification Profile.
Your Verification Profile applies to all courses you take. You only need to fill it out once.
Add a photo of yourself to your Verification Profile
Follow the steps on screen to add a photo of yourself when setting up your Verification Profile.
Please make sure the photo you submit is well lit and clear.
Add your photo ID to your Verification Profile
Follow the steps on screen to add your photo ID when setting up your Verification Profile.
You have to hold your photo ID up to your computer's webcam when you set up your profile. You can't upload a scanned picture.
Please hold your ID close enough to the camera that it's clear and legible.
If your ID has your name and photo on opposite sides:
- Hold the photo side of your ID in view of the webcam when you take the photo of yourself. Make sure you can see both your face and the photo on your ID in the picture.
- Use the side of the ID card with your name on it for the photo of your ID.
Use your device's camera or webcam
When you set up your Verification Profile, you have to use your device's camera to take a photo of yourself and your ID. You can't upload a different file from your phone or computer.
You won't be able to set up your Verification Profile on a device that doesn't have a webcam. You can log into your Coursera account on a different device with a camera to set up your Verification Profile.
What happens when you submit your Verification Profile
If your Verification Profile is not approved, you will get an email to the email address you use for your Coursera account letting you know about the issue.
When you submit your photo ID to Coursera, we make sure your information is secure. You can read more about our privacy policies in our Terms of Service.