Coursera offers Financial Aid for learners who cannot afford to pay for courses and need scholarship assistance.
Learners with Financial Aid in a course will be able to access all of the course content and complete all work required to earn a Course Certificate. Financial Aid only applies to the course that the Financial Aid application was approved for.
Most courses offer Financial Aid, but Financial Aid may not be available for certain courses.
Eligibility for Financial Aid
To receive Coursera Financial Aid, you'll need to complete an application:
- Complete your ID Verification
- Fill out an application that includes information about your educational background, career goals, and financial circumstances
- Commit to abiding by our Honor Code and our Code of Conduct
Apply for Financial Aid
You can only apply for Financial Aid using our website on a computer - you can't apply for Financial Aid using our mobile app.
To apply for Financial Aid:
- Using a computer, open the course home page for the course you want to apply for Financial Aid in.
- Next to the information about Financial Aid, click Learn more and apply.
- Fill out and submit your Financial Aid application. This includes ID Verification.
- Wait for your application to be reviewed. While you wait for your application to be reviewed, you can begin the course immediately in audit mode or free mode. The review process may take up to 15 days.
- When your application is reviewed, you'll get an email letting you know whether it's been approved or denied. You can also check your Updates page to see the status of your Financial Aid application.
Approved Financial Aid applications
If your Financial Aid application is approved, you'll get an email letting you know, and you'll be automatically enrolled in the course. Courses run on a sessions schedule so you don’t ever have to worry about falling too far behind.
If you do not complete the course within 180 days, you may submit another Financial Aid application.
You will have 2 weeks to unenroll from the course from the time your application has been accepted.
Denied Financial Aid applications
If your Financial Aid application is denied, you’ll get an email letting you know. That email will explain why your application was denied, so you can fix the problem and apply again.
Financial Aid for Specializations
Coursera does not offer Financial Aid for Specializations, but you may be able to apply for Financial Aid for each course in a Specialization to complete a Specialization with Financial Aid.
To apply for Financial Aid for courses in a Specialization, follow the instructions above.
When you apply for financial aid for a Specialization, you will get Financial Aid only for the first course. You will need to submit separate applications for each new course as you go through the Specialization.
If you have feedback about our enrollment options, you can share your thoughts with us in this survey.