If you're taking a course for any type of university credit or as part of a Degree program, you won't have the option to subscribe. If you're already subscribed and become a Degree or for-credit learner, your subscription will stop at the end of the current pay period and you'll need to pay for courses individually.
You can cancel a subscription at any time.
Some Specializations offer subscriptions. Subscriptions let you pay a fee every month for the Specialization until you complete it, instead of paying a one-time fee that gives you one year to complete the Specialization.
When you subscribe to a Coursera Specialization:
- You’ll have paid access to all courses in that Specialization. If you want paid access to another course or Specialization not included in your subscription, you’ll need to make another payment.
- You'll be charged every month until you earn a Specialization Certificate by completing every course in that Specialization, or you cancel your subscription.
- You'll be able to access all course materials for every course in that Specialization for as long as your subscription is active.
- You can cancel your subscription any time. There are no partial refunds for subscriptions, so you'll need to cancel before your next payment date.
- You'll get a Specialization Certificate when you complete every course in the Specialization you subscribed to.
Subscribe to a single course
If a course or Specialization on Coursera requires a subscription, you can’t make a one-time payment for that course or Specialization. To get paid access, you’ll need to subscribe. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
If you start a subscription to a course that is part of a Specialization, you will be automatically subscribed to the entire Specialization. You will have access to all courses in that Specialization as long as your subscription is active.
Your subscription will not stop after you complete the course you subscribed to. If you are just interested in a single course, you will need to cancel your subscription after completing this course in order to stop the recurring monthly charge.
Subscribing to a Specialization gives you access to all courses in that Specialization that are on Coursera.
If a Specialization includes courses that aren't available yet, you can check the Specialization description page to see when we think new courses will be available on Coursera.
If you have completed all the courses you want to take that are available, we recommend canceling your subscription until the rest of the courses are available. You'll keep your Course Certificates, and any progress in courses where you haven't yet earned a Certificate will be saved for when you re-subscribe.
Coursera catalog subscriptions
We no longer offer the option to subscribe to the entire Coursera catalog. You can't reactivate canceled catalog subscriptions.
Our current offering, Coursera Plus, is a subscription plan that gives you unlimited access to over 90% of the learning programs in the Coursera catalog.