The GDPR is a European regulation designed to:
- unify privacy rights across the countries of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- strengthen individual data subjects’ rights for EEA residents
This includes your ability to correct, delete, and transport personal data on Coursera.
In accordance with GDPR, we have changed the age of consent for EEA residents use of our services. If you are an EEA learner, please check our page on age restrictions to learn more.
Policies & procedures
Product features & third-party vendors
We have worked to build product features that give learners more control over their data. We have also contracted with third-party vendors to perform certain specialized tasks, including processing personal data.
These vendors fall into the following categories:
- Hosting. Our platform is hosted on third-party servers.
- Analytics/Marketing. To improve Coursera and the content we offer, we use various third-party analytics and marketing tools to refine our offerings, understand learner habits, optimize the platform, and tailor our marketing efforts.
- Customer Support/Communication. To provide customer support, we use third-party tools and services to communicate and respond to questions promptly.
This page is provided as a source of general information. It is not and should not be treated as legal advice.