Most degree programs require a Coursera fee per Coursera course associated with your degree program. This fee is separate from university tuition. See your Onboarding Course for more information if the Coursera fee applies to your degree program.
To pay the Coursera fee:
- In a course you are enrolled in, visit a graded assignment with a "locked" icon next to it.
- Click on the assignment.
- Click "Upgrade to submit." This will allow you to pay the Coursera fee.
If you are in a degree program and you are working ahead for your degree courses, payment for your Coursera courses will be the same as a general Coursera learner (see Payments on Coursera).
- You may need to subscribe to your courses instead of paying a one-time fee. If you complete the course and earn a certificate of completion while subscribing to a course, you will not have to pay the course fee when you enroll.
- If you are working ahead but do not earn your course certificate, you will be prompted to pay again.
If you are enrolling in a degree course during the university term, your payments will work a little differently:
- If you were previously subscribing to a course, your subscription will automatically cancel when you enroll in the degree course. If you have completed a course while under a subscription and earned your Certificate, you will not need to pay again. You can check to see whether you have earned a certificate on your Accomplishments Page.
- If you have made progress in a course while subscribing, but have not earned a certificate of completion, you will need to pay the course fee to purchase the course and continue completing assignments. You will be prompted to pay the course fee when you access an assignment in the course.
If you cannot afford the fee for a degree course on Coursera, you can apply for Financial Aid.
Any Coursera fees and Coursera Financial Aid are separate from any financial aid through your university. If you have received financial aid through your university, you will still need to pay the Coursera fee or apply for Coursera Financial Aid.
If you need to request receipts for tuition reimbursement from your employer, please submit a request through the dedicated email support alias for your degree program. If you need a receipt for your Coursera fees, you can request one on your My Payments page.